Monday, April 26, 2010

Day +1391 : Foochow Fried Noodles

I am fine today.

To have fried noodles was a luxury when I was young, and I remember we could have it only during some festive seasons like Chinese New Year and Mid-Autumn Festival.

There is no restaurant or stall serving Foochow fried noodles here. We can have it only when we are having holiday in Sarawak; either at the kampong or restaurant in the town.

In order to enjoy the noodles here, we have to DIY (Do It Yourself) it and that was what I did last Saturday, frying about 2kg of noodles.

The noodles taste very nice. Everyone in the family especially the children likes it very much :-)

Almost ready to serve

See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,

Looks very nice indeed. I have been thinking of making the DIY noodles.

What is the 'recipe' for making the DIY noodles (the proportion of the ingredients)?

Teresa Ting

Anonymous said...

David,

Please ignore my previous comments. I thought that you made the noodles yourself.

Teresa Ting

David said...

Hi Teresa,

Yes, I didn't make the noodles but purchase it from TESCO, RM0.80 per 450g pack. Pretty cheap.

May be I should replace "DIY" with "FIY" :-)

David