Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day +1386 : Good to have H1N1?

I am fine today.

One confirmed H1N1 case was reported in Adriel and Aaron’s kindergarten yesterday.

A primary school student who came to the kindergarten for tuition in the morning experienced a fever of 40 °C. It took Columbia Asia Medical Centre in Bandar Puteri, Puchong a whole day to confirm that the case was in fact H1N1 yesterday.

The kindergarten will not be closed but I will not send Adriel and Aaron to kindergarten tomorrow. Both of them were very happy knowing this.

“How many day do we have H1N1?” Adriel asked.

“What do you think? You want many days or just one day?” I asked.

“Many days,” she answered.

H1N1 is bad to many but Adriel and Aaron like it because it brings unexpected holiday :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

missyC said...

Hello David

I've only begun to read some parts of your life's journey & understanding your type of cancer, its treatment process etc.

Then last nite, I got an sms saying my cousin brother who was recently hospitalised & initially treated for lung infection & fever (also suspect H1N1)for 1 week was diagnosed with blood cancer instead (yet to get details).

I feel like I'm climbing a rocky mountain all over again & seeing what my cousin brother & his family will have to go thru today onwards.

Life is so fragile but being knowledgeable about one's illness and how to cope thru others shared experience makes it less stressed

David said...

Hi missyC,

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin brother, and I hope this blog offer some help for you all.

Yes, life is very fragile but trusting God throughout the process helped greatly.

Feel free to contact me should you need to know more of my experience.

David