Monday, April 19, 2010

Day +1384 : Electronics and I (3)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

I was exposed to computer during my university life and I shifted my focus to computer, doing data communication and programming until now.

However, I still like electronics very much. Unlike in the kampong, the electronics components are so readily available here. We have two electronics shops in Puchong alone, and the electronics street of Malaysia, Jalan Pasar, is also not too far away from Puchong.

After almost 20 years didn’t play with electronics components, I forgot almost everything. I was able to remember the entire colour coding that represents the value of resister even before I started my university learning but I have forgotten all of them now.

However, with the vast amount of information online, refreshing my memory on the subject should not be a problem :-)

I will share with you if I manage to build something interesting and if you would like to join me in this hobby, please let me know :-)

The LEDs that I purchased when I was studying electronics course
Electronic "Head" and "Tail" game. Selling at half price only - RM5 :-)
A flip-flop project
The flip-flop in action


See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David

I am amazed by your recent activities in electronics. I think we share the same experience when we were young. In 1972 and 1973, I also sent for an electronic kit from HK to build a transistor radio. It was a total failure, because I didnot have any basic e & e knowledge at that time.
I know it is quite fun to do electronics.Maybe I should pick up this hobby again.
Seu Chuong

David said...

Dear Seu Chuong,

Yes, it is fun :-) If you need any parts which you can't find in Kuching, I can mail to you.

David