Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day +1375 : Attending a wedding dinner

I am fine today.

My wife and I attended a wedding dinner of my friend, Lih Reng, at Thai Thong Imperial Palace Restaurant. He is a veterinarian (animal doctor) who likes to play classical guitar very much.

He came to my house to play classical guitar quite often while I was in isolation post bone marrow transplant. He taught me quite a lot of technique and in return, I shared with him the large classical guitar materials that I had collected over the past.

He went to New Zealand in 2007 for working holiday and met his wife, Evelyn, who migrates there from Sandakan, Sabah. Their relationship blossomed and got married on 27 March, 2010 in New Zealand.

Lih Reng is going to settle down in New Zealand and to be a full time professional classical guitar teacher other there.

We wish him all the best!

Were were greeted by this poster at the entrance of the restuarant
The dining table
Tea and red wine
Broad beans
We reached there at 7:00pm and the firs dish was served at 8:30pm. Two of us finished the whole plate of the broad beans before others arrive.
Chocolate
Menu
First dish - Four Hot & Cold Combination
Second dish - Double-boiled Chicken Soup with Seafood Treasures
Third dish - Roasted Suckling Piglet & Roasted Chicken Combinations
The head is mine
Fourth dish - Home Style Steamed Mandarin Fish
Fifth dish - Salad Prawns with Mixed Fruits
Sixth dish - Braised Fish aMaws with Mushrooms & Bean Curd Skin
Seventh dish - Fried Rice with Anchovies
Eight dish - Sweetened Red Bean Paste with Ginko & Lily Bulbs
Final one - Sweet Fancy Duets
Take a photo with the bride and bridegroom
See you next post :-)

3 comments:

maggie said...

I enjoy reading your blog so much, David. I can know more about Malaysia, just like the wedding banquet this time. Pretty similar to HK, probably we are all Chinese. But there is still a slight different on the menu, for instance, shark fin is a must eat item. Very interesting to understand the differences.
By the way, you recovered from you cold and cough? Take care.

David said...

Hi Maggie, I am glad that you like to read my blog. Yes, it is quite abnormal that we didn't have shark fin soup time. Most of the time, we have it. After taking the Chinese medicine, I am getting better. This is the first time I recover so fast :-) God bless! David

SAJAN said...

hey nice to see your blogs...
well actually can i get your emailid..mine is sajan.christudas@yahoo.com..
i need some tips on improving my blogs..i'm enjoying your blogs..-sajan