Friday, October 26, 2012

Day +2304 : No much progress :-(

I am fine today.

The study week is coming to an end, but not much progress I made since Tuesday. I completed a book report for the subject on Hermeneutics (释经学). It report is based on a 500 pages book called Grasping God's word: a hands-one approach to reading, interpreting and applying the Bible(抓准神的话:阅读、诠释和应用圣经的实用指南). The book provides a step by step approach to interpreting the Bible. It is a very good book.

Ι started to read the book early in the morning, and I wrote the report while I was reading the book. I completed about 3600 words, which covered almost all aspects of the book :-)

I have two assignments to complete after finishing this book report - a paper for Systematic Theology III and a Biblical Word Study for Hermeneutics. I planned to start searching material for these two assignments yesterday but I didn't make much progress as I faced difficulty in choosing a topic for these two assignments. I wasted almost the whole day looking for suitable topics to write and not until the evening, I finally decided to write a review for a book called Keep In Step With The Spirit written by J.I. Parker. This is for the subject of Systematic Theology III, and the deadline for submission is next Thursday. Since I have to sit for final exams from Tuesday to Thursday, I have to complete this assignment as soon as possible.

The length the review should be in between 3000 to 6000 words, but the book is not easy to read, and worse still, we need to put forward some criticisms in the review. This means that I have to really understand the content of the book. I have to complete reading the book today, and start to write the review tomorrow.

I decided to put the Bible Word Study on hold as it can be submitted after the exam week.

See you next post :-)

No comments: