Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day +2303 : The World's Best Low- Cost Airline

I am fine today.

My brother Richard is doing sales. Therefore he has to travel a lot and one of the airlines that he uses most is AirAsia but the service of this low cost airline is deteriorating. He would like to share with you his "exciting" experience with the airline.

--------------------------------------------------

AirAsia has now stop all customer service phone call support for local flight. However, if the flight is under the AirAsia X, then we can call to their customer service with very expensive charges: - RM 1.95 per minute


Of course, customer can get in touch with their support through online chat but I can say that very likely you will end up with frustration. Attach herewith is a real example of the frustration that one has to bear in dealing with the airline.

Chat #1 with AirAsia Customer Care Ms. Selina on the issue of refund of Airport Tax 23th Oct 2012 11:00am
Selina Hello Richard Ting. Welcome to AirAsia Live Chat Service. Kindly be informed that each chat session lasts for 10 minutes. Please keep your questions reasonably brief.
Richard Ting I just want to confirm that the following statement under the refund section is valid? “Please note that this process may take up to 30 working days and will be credited to the original mode of payment for the booking. In the event there is more than 1 guest in the confirmed booking, the refund will be made to the person who made the purchase. No refunds will be made to third parties.”
Selina Hi , please provide the booking number. thanks
Richard Ting Before I can provide the booking number, please answer my first question above; is it the process takes up to 30 working days?
Selina The refund process will take up to 30 - 60 working days.
Richard Ting If 30-60 working days, why you didn't update the refund statement from original 30 days to "30 - 60 working days" so that it will prevent the passenger wasting time to check. Are you agree?
Selina Richard , can you provide your booking number so that I may check the status for you ?
BTW, usually the refund process will take minimum 30 working days.
Richard Ting I am not interest on this because I already request few time and the same answer I got is:- “In the process". I believe your answer is also the same. No point for me to repeat the same thing. However, if you said the processing time is 60 days, then I wait until 60 days a see you are lie again.
SelinaPlease be informed that this chat will automatically disconnect soon. Should you have further enquiries, please come back to us again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
You may choose not to provide me the booking number. However, I am asking for the booking number as I would like to check the status with the refund team.
Thank you for your chat. Feel free to contact us again.

Chat #2 with AirAsia Customer Care Ms. Floi on the issue of refund of Airport Tax 23th Oct 2012 11:30am

FloiHello Richard Ting. Welcome to AirAsia Live Chat Service. Kindly be informed that each chat session lasts for 10 minutes. Please keep your questions reasonably brief.
Richard TingI just want to confirm that the following statement under the refund section is valid? “For example: Please note that this process may take up to 30 working days and will be credited to the original mode of payment for the booking. In the event there is more than 1 guest in the confirmed booking, the refund will be made to the person who made the purchase. No refunds will be made to third parties.”
FloiThat means, it takes 30 working days for refund to be applied and the refund will only be refunded to the person who made the payment of the booking.
Richard TingIt is true???? My case already 58 days. Nothing happen.
FloiMay I have the case number please?
Richard TingI already forward many time but the same answer I get is: "Still in the progress". Are you going to tell the same thing?
FloiMay I have the case number please?
Richard TingCAS-2553856-XHT1SQ (S6ELRC) and CAS-2553866-69XQCY(GD3QPX)
FloiThank you, let me check them out. One moment please.
Sorry for the inconvenience of the long wait.
Here is what I am going to do, I will be emailing the relevant department handling your case as we speak to get back to you as soon as possible.
Richard TingTo avoid the misunderstand, may I suggest you to change the refund statement from 30 working days to 60 working days... else it is wasting my time and your time to repeat the stupid thing. Are you agree?
FloiI appreciate your feedback. We are making it 30 working days to speed up the refund process.
Rest assured that the relevant department will get back to your cases as soonest.
May I just have your full name, phone number and email address please?
Richard TingThe amount for refund is small. I may not interested at all. My consultation charges usually is more than RM 200/hours. I spend time on this is to help AirAsia to remain the title of :World's Best Low- Cost Airline".
FloiI understand your frustration regarding the matter, I have been in the same situation before. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am now emailing the respective department as we speak.
Richard TingI hope that will not to see the 30 working days again since AirAsia are not able to deliver as what promised. Just to remind you, bad thing like this never happen in MAS in the past 20 years.
FloiI get your point.
Thank you for your feedback and I will escalate that to the related departments. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Now comes the conclusion: AirAsia manages to offer very cheap air ticket but later you will get the "cheap treatment" also. If the fare difference is not too much say within RM 100 for domestic, we better go for MAS. Paying just a little bit more, you will be treated like a human.

See you next post :-)

No comments: