Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day +1882 : Root Canal Therapy - First Session

I am fine today.

I completed first session of root canal therapy on Monday. The session lasted for about one hour. The dentist gave me local anesthetic during the procedure and I didn't feel much pain.

I didn't know much about what the dentist was doing throughout the whole process until today when I searched and read about the process.

The dentist drilled open the tooth, and used a endo file (the tool with a blue handle on the right third picture below) to remove the pulp and nerve. So the tooth is "dead" after the treatment. It is then filled temporarily with a softer filling material until the next visit in which it will be replaced with a harder and permanent filling.

The next visit was scheduled on next Monday. Hopefully, the tooth will perform well for a long time :-)

The detail about the treatment is available here.

The procedure of root canal therapy - drilling and cleaning, filing with endofile, rubber filling and crown
See you next post :-)

No comments: