Monday, August 15, 2011

Day +1866 : Delicious bamboo shoot from Bintangor

I am fine today.

My third sister (my bone marrow donor) had a very good harvest of bamboo shoots at her house in Bintangor. She knew that I like it and thus asked my niece, Hui Na, to bring over to me when she was back from holiday yesterday.

It has been a very long time I didn't eat bamboo shoot. During my childhood, my mother used to cook bamboo shoot with tomato sauce and dried Chinese mushroom during Chinese New Year.

I purchased some bamboo shoots on the way back from Cameron in June this year but the maid didn't process it well before cooking. The resulting dish was so bitter that no one would ever want to eat. We don't have this problem this time as the one that Hui Na brought over was well processed by my sister :-)

The bamboo shoot fried with anchovies; simple and delicious. In fact, I would like to have some cooked with tomato sauce but my maid cooked all at once :-( I have to wait for next supply.

See you next post :-)

No comments: