Monday, August 29, 2011

Day +1880 : Cempedak again

I am fine today.

My wife and I visited the night market at Setia Alam before attending the talk on depression last Saturday. We came across a store selling very attractive cempedak; with big seed and thick pulp. It was something irresistible. I chose one weighing about 5kg with a cost of RM24.

"Could it be rotten?" I asked.

"No, if you don't believe, I can open it for you to check," the hawker answered.

I trusted him and that was a terrible decision.

When I opened it next day, the seeds were of excellent quality but they were "guarded" by an army of energetic worms, jumping and flying here and there :-( I had no choice but to dump it.

I wonder what would happen if I didn't purchase this cempedak. The hawker might proceed frying it, perhaps together with the worms, and sell them to the customer. Who know his thick and delicious fried cempedak is enhanced with worms?

Worms

See you next post :-)

No comments: