Monday, May 24, 2010

Day +1419 : Four reverse sensors for a small car :-)

I am fine today.

The Perodua Viva that my wife is driving is without reverse sensors. She has to rely on her eyes and sense of distance while reversing the car, and this put her under heavy pressure.

I went to Brother's Car Accessories Puchong to fix the reverse sensor this afternoon. There were two choices; one with two sensors and the other one with four sensors. I was told that four sensors unit give a better coverage whereby it can detect objects besides the car.

In order to give my wife better protection, I opted for the the four sensors unit even though it is more expensive. But when I reached home and noticed that my Innova, which is bigger than Viva, had two reverse sensors only, I felt that I was overdoing.

It cost me a total of RM280 to fix the censors. The cost includes a voltage regulator and labour charges.

The four reverse sensors
A reverse sensor
Indicator in the car
Something on the right which is approximatly 0.5m away
Something at the back
Innova - 2 sensors only and without indicator in the car
See you next post :-)

No comments: