Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day +1406 : My first birthday this year!

I am fine again.

I realized that today is my birthday upon receiving the first birthday wishes from Dr. Haris yesterday. Dr. Haris is a member of the hematologist team in UH who treated my Leukaemia, bringing me back to normal life, and causing my second birthday of the year. He is IT savvy and maintained several websites, one of which highly recommended is Hematologi di PPUM where you can find a lot of useful information about blood diseases and their treatments.

I received so many birthday wishes after that and I really appreciate that. After going through all the turmoil of life, I am very grateful to be alive to celebrate my first birthday of the year.

What about my third birthday? I repost what I had written on Day +366 : Three birthdays I celebrate, of course with the latest update of my age.
When I was born on 22 November 1967, my mother ‘forgot’ to register me at Jabatan Pendaftaran Malaysia (National Registration Department). About one and half year later, on the 11th of May, 1969, she suddenly realized that she hadn’t done this important job, so she registered me on that day. When I did my bone marrow transplant on the 5 July 2006, a nurse told me, “Ting, remember today as your birthday.”

With this, I have to celebrate three birthdays this year (every year in fact):
  1. Official birthday on 11 May 1969 – 41 years old birthday
  2. Bone marrow transplant birthday on 5 July 2006 – 4 years old birthday :-)
  3. Real birthday on 22 November 1967 - 43 years old birthday
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

近朱者赤 said...

happy birthday, david.

David said...

Thanks!