Thursday, May 06, 2010

Day +1401 : Magic?

I am fine today.

Using the same component and wiring, we would be able to program the Arduino board to light up any of the 8 LEDs according to what number we press on the keyboard. For example, if we press 1 and enter, the first LED will light up. This program is also available on the Arduino website under the ShiftOut tutorial.

I demonstrated the project to Aaron and Adriel, pointing to anyone of the LED and make them light up by pressing the number on the computer keyboard. They didn't know that I am in fact controlling the LED through the computer keyboard and thought that I have the power to drive the LED just by pointing them :-)

The magic works as follow


I showed them how I actually controlled the LED eventually and upon knowing it, Adriel shouted at the top of her voice, "Haaaaaa! Not magic!!!!!" :-)

Both Adriel and Aaron were very busy controlling the LEDs after that.

See you next post :-)

No comments: