Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day +1408 : A kiss that cost RM500 :-(

I am fine today.

As the area surrounding my office is getting busier each day, finding a parking lot becomes a daunting task especially in the afternoon when I come back to office after lunch.

I faced difficulty to find a parking lot again yesterday afternoon. After a round of searching, I noticed an empty parking lot at the side of the busy street. A hasty reverse parking leading to an very expensive kiss - the head of my Innova ramped into the front bumper of a stationary Estima.

Who stood the kiss? You guess.

The front left side of the Estima bumper was detached while my Innova experienced a little scratch only.

So the Innova won, but with a heavy price - a RM500 compensation.

The bumper handle was broken, so it couldn't be fixed. The only acceptable option is to replace it.

The Estima is belonged to a fruit shop owner near my office. He is quite nice; didn't blame me much, most probably because he didn't park the car properly.

I asked him to give me some time to get quotation from a few workshops and at the same time, he also consulted a relative who is running a workshop. His price was about RM700 and the cheapest that I got was RM800. Some workshop even quoted something more than RM1000 :-(

I talked to the owner every time I passed by the fruit shop. Updating him on my progress.

"You pay me RM500 and I bear part of the cost," he offered this afternoon when I talked to him again.

That is a great offer! I will hand over RM500 cash to him and the case is considered settle :-)

Got to be extra careful next time. No more rushing is allowed.

The damage



See you next post :-)

6 comments:

kenalinegaraku4u2c said...

Hi David,its GOOD to hear you`re OK and going about life as usual.Just read your blog and what i see we have something in common..THAT IS SPENDING NICE FAMILY FUN in PD.I go there regularly and i just dont know why.Maybe coz i`ve stayed there for two years before.Anyway..take care,do visit my blog when free.Oh ya..very expensive kiss la..

David said...

Hi,

Thanks for reading my blog and dropping the message.

Yes, PD is nice, especially for the children. They like beach very much.

I have a look at your blog, you really like travel very much :-)

David

kenalinegaraku4u2c said...

Tq..tq David for reading my blog.Just to let you know,i`m not a professional blogger but,My PASSION is TOURS and TRAVEL.Yes,you are right,PD is nice for a quick weekend escape with the children.I even carry my only child on my SUPERBIKE recently(a stupid thing to do la).Anyway..there were 3 bikes all together and we really enjoyed it.Lookin forward for more posts from you..Take Care,GOD BLESS.

David said...

Neither I a professional blogger. You are good blog indeed! Something out passion is always good :-)

Superbike? Wow! My children would love to have a ride on it.

Have fun & enjoy!

GOD BLESS YOU!

David

kenalinegaraku4u2c said...

Hi David,hope you are in GOOD HEALTH.Tq..anyway my blog is not as good as others.Biasa biasa saja.Yes..i know children loves big bike.!`ve been riding for the last 10 years and its my hobbby(a very costly hobby la David)The worse part is,my superbike cost more than my car.When my wife was alive we use to quarrel about this matter.My neighbours also laugh at me.Maybe we can meet one day in PD and you can bring your children to see the bike or you can come to our superbike club in PJ.Boleh sama sama minum teh tarik.Ok take care and TQ.GOD BLESS U AND FAMILY.

David said...

Sure! We keep in touch. Thanks for the friendship. May God bless you and your child. David