Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day +1415 : HK 100Mbps, Malaysia 1Mbps and US? 512kbps

I am fine today.

A STM team member from Hong Kong told me that 100Mbps broadband internet access is common in Hong Kong. Comparing to current 1 to 4Mbps offered by our Telekom, we are turtles. Even if we have the so called high speed broadband service - UniFi - which offers 5Mbps, 10Mbps and 20Mbps, we are still very slow :-(

But a friend working in US told me that he got 512kbps only and the television there is still advertising dial-up internet service.

Hong Kong is fast, Malaysia is turtle but someone is even slower than us - and that is US :-) I am not really sure if this is true.

See you next post :-)

6 comments:

AKINBAYO said...

Sure Nigeria is not just behind u guys buts near just non existent

David said...

You must be the few privileged one to have internet access over there :-)

I should consider myself very lucky after seeing your comment.

God bless!

Shzl said...

Am having 1Gbps in the office & Singapore, but it doesn't seem any faster... I can't sense the difference, there's still buffer when I watched Youtube.

David said...

1Gbps should be fast but I think you hit a bottleneck on the international link which is always limited in speed :-(

Transferring files within Singapore should be fast.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I found your link after "Googling" "How soon can I swim in a pool after bone marrow transplant?". I am a 57 year old woman diagnosed with AML July 17th 2009. I had a bone marrow transplant January 13th of this year (2010) and so far am successful in staying in remission (day +137 I think). I was so encouraged by your day +1415 that I am eager to read your blogs dating back to 2006. I too believe that through the love of Jesus Christ I have been saved both on this earth and for the next. Many blessings wished to you.

David said...

Hi, I am very glad to see your comment here. I believe it was a tough experience but I must congratulate you for reaching Day +137. May our Lord Jesus Christ continue to cover and bless you in your road to recovery. David