Sunday, May 02, 2010

Day +1397 : Innova Petrol Consumption

I am fine today.

I did a little bit of study of the petrol consumption of the Innova that I purchased December last year.

I found out that a litre of petrol can travel an average distance of 6.69km and with the current petrol price of RM1.80 per litre, I need to spend an average of RM0.28 for every km traveled.

I feel that this expenses is quite high but fortunately I don't have to travel much.

The analysis table
See you next post :-)

7 comments:

Lau Chih Yung said...

wao...
so cheap....

David said...

Cheap?

I thought very expensive!!!

28 cents per km :-( Better get a Kancil.

Unknown said...

Sir,

Probably the car perform better when you are driving on highway?

28 cent is really terrible.

David said...

Yes, Szu Kiak, it ranges from 25 cents to 31 cents per km. I rarely draw long distance on highway, that could explain why it is so expensive. Driving long journey on highway should achieve something below 25 cents per km.

Anonymous said...

Dear David
I also calculate the fuel cost of my vehicle recently. I need to spend 20 cents per km for my 1300 manual Toyota Avanza for the past few months. So going to exercise in the park here is not free...it cost me RM1 per trip. Compared with Swimming at a private swimming pool which cost RM5.50 per day(9 am - 9 pm), it is stil the cheapest sport.
seu Chuong

David said...

Dear Seu Chuong,

20 cents is considered cheap. 1.3L Avanza compared to 2.0L Innova gives a difference of 50% in term of capacity. So it is reasonable that the cost also increase 50%, from 20 cents to about 30 cents :-)

It is sometimes hard to realize how the mileage is burning our money away :-(

David

Anonymous said...

My 2012 Innova G (A) is doing less than 7 km/l in city driving.