Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day +1088 : S.J.K (C) YAK CHEE – A Walk Down the Memory Lane

I am fine today.

It was in fact a teacher’s day cum 79-year anniversary celebration (2009年教师晚兼校庆晚宴) of S.J.K (C) YAK CHEE, the school where my wife teaches, and Joseph and Daniel study.

Many weeks ago, I promised my wife to attend the dinner with her tonight.

The event was held at Bukit Jalil Goft and Country Resort but the food was catered from Tai Thong restaurant. The ball room which hosted more than 60 tables was very crowded.

Apart from the eating and speeches, the parents and teachers presented interesting programme that made the night lively :-)

One guy imitated the great star, Michael Jackson, who passed away unexpectedly yesterday. Though I am not a fan of Michael Jackson and didn’t really get exposed too much to his works, I felt that his imitator tonight was too soft. One indispensable element that the great star always demonstrates was his explosive dynamic on the stage. Lacking this element, there is no way to be like him :-)

The food tonight was not really nice, but I also didn’t expect much from it. It is quite impossible to prepare food for over 600 people with limited budget and yet delicious. However, I enjoyed the night very much, all because I was able to attend dinner again with my lovely wife :-)

The resort
The event
The programme
The backdrop
Guests

My wife and me
This card told me that the food was from Tai Thong
The menu
The dishes






Free flow of alcohol


Every teacher received a gift. My wife received this wonderful gift - a electronic scale. We have been talking about of getting one months ago because the mechanic one that we have didn't give accurate reading. I need to monitor my weight regularly as drastic changes in weight could be a signal of health issue.
See you next post :-)

No comments: