Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day +1084 : The making of roti canai

I am fine today.

We packed 13 roti canai as our lunch after church service last Sunday. While waiting for the roti canai to be ready, I took my sweet time to capture the whole process of roti canai making on my camera.

The restaurant that I ordered the roti canai is called Sri Melur Jaya. The plain roti canai (roti kosong) cost RM0.90 a piece only. So the total cost of a lunch for 9 person is RM11.70 only :-)

I would like to share with you the photos that I took that day. I hope you enjoy them :-)

The restaurant
The dough
Conditioning the dough into thin sheet
The Kung Fu is here
Fold the sheet

Leave it to raise
The power of yeast!
Flatten it again
Toast on the hot plate
About 2 minutes later
Clap your hands :-)
Ready for packing
Packing
13 pieces of roti canai
Sambal
Dhall
Curry fish sauce
For roti banana
You can have roti sardine too
For roti planta
Roti telur
And in fact, you can have roti onion, perhaps roti anything :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: