Friday, June 12, 2009

Day +1073 : “Did you learn something?”

I am fine today.

Aaron started to go to kindergarten since last Thursday. He was very excited initially, but now he seemed quite reluctant to go anymore. I believe he is more comfortable of staying with his mother at home than playing with other children in the kindergarten. I hope the situation would change when the school holiday ends next week where my wife has to go back to work; else it would be a big challenge for me to persuade him to go to the kindergarten every morning.

One morning, on the way to the kindergarten, I talked to Aaron about his new experience in the kindergarten.

“Did you learn something in the kindergarten, Aaron?” I asked.

“Yes,” he replied affirmatively.

“What did you learn?” I asked further.

“Don’t know,” he replied; again, affirmatively :-)

He knew that he learned something but didn’t know what he had learned. This led me into thinking the effect of “influence” where one learned something subconsciously. The environment in the kindergarten – the teachers and his friends, is influencing him.

See you next post :-)

No comments: