Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day +1074 : She borrows money from us again without our knowledge (1)

I am fine today.

Our maid likes to “borrow” money from us without our knowledge. We believe she has been doing this for a long time but we only realized it a few months ago when my wife “accidentally” spotted her carrying a handphone. I blogged about this on Day +1069 : Booking a maid.

My mother-in-law said that whenever we were not at home, the maid would play with the handphone; taking photos, talking at length to someone over the phone, and reading and sending SMSes. She always asked my mother-in-law to buy telephone card for her, and many times she passed a RM50 note to my mother-in-law.

The handphone alone cost RM600, and together with the amount spent for telephone cards, and other stuffs that she had purchased, the amount that she “borrowed” was well over RM1000.

My wife was angry about this. However, we didn’t confront her at all. As her contract is expiring very soon, we planned to deal with her only when she is about to go back to Indonesia. The most likely thing to do is to deduct certain amount from her salary. In order to reduce her temptation to borrow, we keep our wallet well this time, and we also warned our nieces and nephews about this.

A few days ago, I discussed with my wife the possibility of letting her go without deducting her salary. And finally both of us decided not to deduct a single cent from her salary but we will warn her about her mischief, hoping that she will repent; else she will run into big trouble for repeating this mischievous act in her next job.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: