Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day +1072 : It’s durian season again!

I am fine today.

There is a durian stall I passes by on the way to office every day. It is located at the road side in front of Old Taste Restaurant.

I noticed a surge in the number of durians displayed in the store recently. And at the same time there were many more empty baskets at the side of stall than before. With this, I concluded that durian season is coming and it is time for me to eat durian :-)

After a church meeting this evening, my wife and I invited our pastor, Rev. Lau, and Mrs. Lau, and two church members to enjoy durian at the stall.

The stall was selling D13 and D101 only, and this was the first time I came to know durian type D13. D101 cost RM8 per kg, while the price of D13 varies from RM2 to RM5 per piece, depending on its size.

For me, D101 tastes better than D13. However, I like D24 more than any type else :-) The stall owner told me that D24 will only be available in July; so still have to wait patiently for one month before I got to enjoy it.

Happy durian lovers posing for a photo before the eating session start :-)
D13
RM2 per piece only
D101 - RM8/kg

Either D13 or D101 - I am confused :-(
See you next post :-)

No comments: