Friday, June 05, 2009

Day +1066 : Sarawak Kampua Mee

I am fine today.

A church member, William, called me in the morning informing me that there was a new stall opening for business at Kafe Beryll (阿公茶餐室) that sold Sarawak Kampua Mee (干盘面). Most Sarawakians like Kampua Mee very much but it is not easy to find one that tastes original here. William suggested me to give this new stall a try.

In response to William’s suggestion, my wife and I had Kampua Mee for dinner at the stall today. The stall is owned by a couple from Sibu, Sarawak. They told me that the noodles were air-transported here from Sibu; increasing its cost to RM10 per kg. They are selling a plate of normal sized Kampua Mee at RM4 and the large sized one at RM4.5.

The noodles taste very much the same as the one from Sibu, Sarawak. The Kafe Beryll is located at the shop lots behind the Colombia Hospital – Jalan Puteri 7/11, Bandar Puteri, to be exact.

I recommend this stall to you :-)

Kafe Beryll (阿公茶餐室)
This one should help you get to the restaurant
The stall
Cooking
Ready to serve - the meat was cooked with red wine residuum (红糟)
The soup
Price list - they are also selling Tian Bian Hu(鼎边糊), Chin Ton Mee(清汤面), Laksa(叻沙)
See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes! I will try it soon.

Kuok Chai

David said...

Great!

Anonymous said...

Is the stall still there?

David said...

No longer there :-(