Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day +1058 : Daiso - Everything is RM5

I am fine today.

My wife and I visited Daiso Japan Store located on the 2nd floor of the new wing of IOI mall this evening. All items there are priced at RM5 and the store offered a wide variety of goods for sales. The advertisement printed on the wall of the IOI mall claims that the store has 90,000 types of products.

Taking photo of the store, even from outside, is strictly prohibited. When I aimed the focus of my camera on the store from outside, and just about to press the shutter button this evening, a cashier rushed out from the store preventing me from taking photo. She was so nervous that it looked like I was going to shoot her head with a pistol :-)

I told her that it is understandable if she prevents me from taking photo inside the store, but it is quite ridiculous to prevent someone to take photo outside the store; from a public position which doesn’t belong to the store. As such, their act is no different than objecting the surveillance satellite from taking photo of their house from a public location - the sky.

The cashier called her supervisor to talk to me and finally she agreed that there is no ground of prohibiting someone from taking photo outside the store :-)

Daiso has 2500 stores in Japan, and the one in IOI mall is the fourth in Malaysia.

Despite the unpleasant experience, I would still recommend this store to you. There are many interesting and useful items available in the store.

The advertisement
The store
Opposite of it is the Popular bookstore
See you next post :-)

No comments: