Monday, May 18, 2009

Day +1048 : Hope

I am fine today.

My wife’s brother-in-law, James, sent a photo to me a few days ago and asked me to comment about it. The photo was taken in front of his house in Miri.


If I were to give a title to the photo, I would entitle it “Hope”. Through it, we are presented the contrast of heaven and earth, light and darkness.

If the earth is all what we have, then sadly speaking, the darkness would be our fateful destiny. However, we are promised heaven as our eternal home through our faith in Jesus Christ, a belief that transforms the darkness into light, hopeless into hope, even on the earth where darkness seems to reign.

This hope gave me tremendous strength in handling challenges, especially throughout the aggressive treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia.

Hope bounds in the face of adversity!

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Lucius Phang said...

What about "Ray of Hope"?

David said...

Good suggestion, Phang :-)