Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day +2275 : Wow! So Cheap!

I am fine today.

My room mate purchased a 7" tablet that cost only RM248 today. The tablet was running Android 4.0.4 and it came with 4GB of storage with the option of expansion through an external SD card. It also came with a keyboard.

My room mate purchased the tablet from The Store, Sungai Buloh. The tablet was made in China and the actual selling price was more than RM300. However, he managed to bargain the price to RM248. He did this by introducing another 4 students to purchase the tablet.

I saw someone selling the tablet at Giant, Puchong a few weeks ago, with a price of more than RM300 that time. Given that Samsung is selling its 7" tablet without 3G at RM800 , I was tempted to purchase this cheap tablet. However, when I checked online, someone who purchased a cheap tablet found it unable to charge after six months, and this refrained me from purchasing it.

Considering the fact that the tablet comes with one year warranty, it might still worth to purchase it and use for one year, and then changed to a new one if it becomes faulty after the warranty expired. Now I am tempted to purchase again :-)







See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Che Ta said...

hi david,
i did purchased the same tab for my kids. yeah its for kid so i don want to 'invest' too much on such risky venture with kids hand.the screen broken only after 2weeks, maybe they accidentally pressed to hard on it while trying to outdo each other but managed to repair at RM150 (or something) cost. its not under warranty as its 'human mistake'.
only to be broken again last week. this time it was fallen on the floor when my kid trying to 'charge' it without adult supervision.
my friend also claimed that she had the charging problem. and i have another few months to testify this.
the price is getting lower by days..i bought it at 238 (no bargain, its the promo price), and it went 225 2 weeks later.