Monday, September 10, 2012

Day +2258 : Melbourne Retreat - Home sweet home

I am fine today.

We did the packing in the evening on the last day. Both Ps. Tan and I have check-in luggage capacity of 15kg but I found out that my luggage is almost 10kg overweight. The solution is easy - I just need to purchase another 10kg of luggage capacity.

I went online and add another 10kg but immediately I found out that I had a problem - I had no mean to pay the fee as both bank transfer and credit card payment required a transaction authentication code which would be delivered through the hand phone and my phone didn't have access to telephone service in Melbourne. I searched Google Talk and see who was line that might lend me a helping hand and very fortunately, Richard was online and he processed the payment for me immediately.

When I checked in the luggage in the airport, I asked the check-in counter staff to label my luggage as "fragile". The staff asked me what was inside the luggage that needed the label. "Honey," I told her. And answer brought me trouble as the staff asked me to open the luggage and let her see the honey.

He asked me to wrap the honey using plastic bags three times. The problem is where to find the plastic bags? Fortunately, she saw a towel in the luggage and asked me to wrap the plastic container of the honey with the towel.

The flight was delayed 15 minutes and yet it arrived in KL 25 minutes ahead of schedule. The pilot must be speeding and I wonder if the act of speeding was caught by any speeding camera in the sky :-)

There was no one sitting on the next two seats, so I lay down and sleep through the flight though not so comfortably :-)

Lastly, I thank God that we have this opportunity to have a very good fellowship with each other. I also enjoyed a very good rest - sleeping in the cold under a fresh environment is a great blessing :-) I also express my gratefulness to Rev. and Mrs. Rev. Lau for taking care of all our transport, accommodation, and meals during our stay in Melbourne.

Inside the airbus


Arriving LCCT

Something that I brought home for the family :-) Very sweet strawberries, finished almost instantly  upon arriving.

Avocado


Sweet potatoes - big and sweet. More than a kg per piece. 




Quite a lot of nuts


And this concludes my posting of this retreat.

See you next post :-)

No comments: