Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day +2270 : More signal, please!

I am fine today.

Though the seminary provides internet access with a minimal charge of RM50 per semester, I subscribed to a broadband service because the service provided by the seminary is slow and very unstable. Imagine all students compete for a 2 or 3 Mbps line.

However, subscribing to wireless broadband myself doesn't rule out all internet access problems. It is because seminary is located in a rural area where the 3G signal is very weak. Some rooms simply have no signal at all. Fortunately, my room have some signal but it is weak and unstable.

After some experiment, I found a way to boost the signal, that is, by hanging the modem in the air as shown below. I am very happy that this approach increases the strength of the signal received and I am now satisfied most of the time :-)



See you next post :-)

No comments: