Monday, September 19, 2011

Day +1901 : Three weeks no Greek, everything is Greek now!

I am fine today.

Our Greek lecturer told us that there will be a quiz after the mid-semester break. The quiz covers all the lexical studies and inflections (字尾变化) from Chapter 1 to Chapter 15. We have two weeks break, and we were all glad that the lecturer cancelled the first lesson when we came back from the back as he had to attend to his personal matter, and we were even more glad that the second lesson fell on the Malaysia Day which is an national holiday. So it is exactly three weeks I am out of touch of the language.

It is a no escape that the quiz will be held tomorrow morning. I realised that I had almost forgotten everything what I had learned when I picked up Greek Textbook again today. To achieve the level where I left before the break will take at least four to five hours :-( If I revise regularly, I will not have to take the pain to revise for such a long time.

Our lecturer told us that the phrase "It's all Greek to me," is used to claim that something is incomprehensible. Therefore if you see some writings that you couldn't understand, you could say, "It's all Greek to me."

A lesson learned: Three weeks no Greek, everything is Greek now!

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: