Friday, September 16, 2011

Day +1898 : Rushing for Bible reading report :-(

I am fine today.

All students have to write Bible reading reports, a work that carries one credit for a duration of one year (two semester). The first year student have to complete until the Book of Esther, and I heard that the deadline of submission is 15 October.

I am far behind the schedule, and the only choice I have now is to play catching-up game with a smart strategy. I wrote a report of every chapter before, and the progress is as slow as a tortoise. This coupled with the lack of discipline to write every day, the progress is almost equal to none.

One day, a seminary-mate told me that he always squeeze three chapters of Bible reading into a single report, and the lecture didn't say anything about this. You know, when "a lecturer didn't say anything about this," it means it is fine to do this :-) He said he tried once to put five chapters into a report, the lecturer commented on that. So now we all know that the limit is three chapters :-)

I managed to complete the First and Second Book of Samuel today, completing 18 reports covering 55 chapters. That is the best progress I have ever made so far. Breaking self record always come with a great sense of achievement :-)

If I can maintain this performance, I will be able to reach the Book of Esther in a few days :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: