Friday, September 09, 2011

Day +1891 : A call from Bukit Aman Police HQ - you are involved in criminal case

I am fine today.

Below is a story from my brother, Richard.

I received a call from +603-26163999 (Bukit Aman Police HQ telephone number) this morning. At first, the guy verified my name TING SIE LEE, IC no. 7XXX13-13-51XX, and my address XXXXX. I confirmed with him my detail. I asked for his name and he said that he is inspector ASP Leong. I requested for his police ID no and the number that he gave is AK1305455. After this, he moved on with the following story.

He said that the Hong Kong's police arrested 2 criminals called Mr. Lam Hon Seng and Yap Chun Hong in Hong Kong when they were distributing drug in Hong Kong. He asked me if I know them. He said now Hong Kong's police requested the Bukit Aman HQ to investigate the case and the case is related to me. It is because the money was deposited into my Citibank account in Hong Kong(A/C no: 441956284526) first and then channeled back to Malaysia. So I am now a suspect involving in criminal case.

I told him that I never know them, but he requested me to go to Bukit Aman Police HQ to help the investigation. He said if I refused to report myself in Bukit Aman, the police department will issue a "Waran Tangkap (arrest wrrant)" to arrest me. I requested him to write to me officially and fax to my office 03-80762677. He agreed. Then I told him I never go to Hong Kong before, how can I opened a Citibank over there. He asked me to prove that I never go to Hong Kong. I advised him to check with the immigration department himself since immigration department shall have interlink with the police department. Then he kept silent for a while. After that he asked me to contact the Hong Kong police department to declare that I didn't know the 2 criminals at all. I told him it is his duty to call them, not me.

I requested him to give me a contact so that I can call back if necessary. He gave me +603-26163999. I asked about his extension no.? He said this is his direct line. I said no, what I wanted is the general line and the extension to him. Then he hang up the phone quickly.

After that, I call the number +603-26163999. It is indeed Bukit Aman Police HQ number. I was told that there is no such person as ASP Leong, and that was a fake call. However, one thing that puzzles me is how can the guy make call with their telephone and then let the Bukit Aman Police HQ number to appear on my handphone.

I am sure if anyone listens to him and go to "Bukit Aman", he will be in big trouble. When you reach there, he may be waiting for you there, and then bring you to another place to kidnap you.

The caller ID that showed up on my handphone
See you next post :-)

No comments: