Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day +1895 : Intensive course - Effective Counseling

I am fine today.

Apart from the normal classes, I am attending an intensive course in counseling called "Effective Counseling" this week. The subject is under the course of Master of Family Ministry, and it is opened to all master students. It is not a compulsory subject for me. However, I selected it as an elective because I would like to learn counseling :-)

The subject carries three credits. The schedule is a lot more intensive than the last intensive course that I had attended. Students have to attend classes from 1:30pm until 10:30pm with small breaks in between from Monday to Wednesday, and then from 8:25am to 11:30am on Thursday. So, no games, no afternoon sleep this week :-(

I wondered how I would be able to complete the session whenever the class started, especially in the sleepy afternoon. I kept on monitoring the time which passed very slowly in the beginning, but I tell you something which is always true - in the end, the lesson was always over :-). Again, as you can see from here, "there is always hope" - hoping that the lesson is over instead of hoping the semester is over as mentioned in the last post.

To say positively, I am now a man of hope :-)

Visiting lecturer Dr. Kaofang Yeh

35 students attended the class
Youngest student?
No, there is another one younger than her :-)
Some activities
Let's have some mooncake


And also some tidbits to keep you awake

Even rambutan, plucked from a tree (a real rembutan tree) near the classroom. Very delicious :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: