Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day +1669 : The art of taking Avelox

I am fine today.

I am on Avelox since Thursday due to lung infection. It is a very strong oral antibiotic and has the side effect of making me tired and unable to focus my mind. Doctor suggested me to lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking it.

When I felt that I was unable to concentrate my mind when I first took the antibiotic last December, I thought that something was wrong with me. I was a little worried at that time because it is very difficult for me to pursue the Bible study course without a clear mind. I approached the doctor and he pointed out right away that the problem was due to the side effect of Avelox. I was very happy that it is "not a permanent damage." :-)

With the side effect in mind, I takes the antibiotic just before I go to bed at night instead of having it in the morning. This minimizes the side effect greatly. If under any circumstances that you need to take the drug, remember to have it before you sleep.

See you next post :-)

No comments: