Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day +1661 : Attending MBS Annual Retreat (4)

I am fine today.

I brought my laptop to the camp together with the Celcom Broadband modem and thinking that I would be able to access to internet over there.

I tried to access the internet early morning in the second day of the retreat and I found out that the access was denied. I called the customer service and I was told that the service was blocked because I didn't settle the bill for two months.

I requested them to temporarily unblock the service so that I could do my work and I was promised that they will do it for me within half an hour to two hours. And I was also told that I have to settle the bill in 5 days. I was very happy. I waited and waited and nothing happened even after three hours.

I called again and this time they told me a different story - the service cannot be unblocked unless I paid a minimum amount of RM75. Whenever I raised a question, the customer service staff had to put the line on hold and then answer the question after a few minutes. He asked me to settle the bill first but I told him that I couldn't do that as I was in a camp. He then asked me to ask someone to settle the bill.

I gave up in the end. The conversation wasted me more than half an hour time. I am not happy with their service.

They sent me a customer support feedback survey through SMS after the first call and I gave a favourable feedback but it is funny that they dared not send me the same survey after the second call. I believe they knew that I would give bad comment. So if Celcom tells you in future that their customer support is excellent and provides you with the statistic, don't believe them, they are cheating.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: