Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day +1658 : Attending MBS Annual Retreat (1)

I am fine today.

All the full time seminary students, lecturers and administration staffs are required to attend the annual retreat. The retreat is held at Golden Sands Baptist Assembly this year in Port Dickson from today to Friday.

I went to the retreat site this morning with two of my churchmates - Ps. Tan and Miss Gloria Ng - who are also studying full time in Malaysia Bible Seminary (MBS).

The campsite offered simple facilities only. We had to bring our own towel and toiletries. I nearly had to take bath without soap (mandi kerbau) as I assumed that it would be provided by the campsite. I am grateful that Ps. Tan was willing to share his body shampoo with me.

Most students were staying in the dormitory. I heard many complains that it was extremely difficult to sleep in the dormitory due a number of reasons which include insufficient air-condition power, heavy mosquito attacks and a loud symphony of snoring :-( A few students rather slept in the hut at the seaside than slept in the dormitory. I am very grateful that I was allocated a smaller room, sharing with three other campers, so I didn't have any problem to sleep at all :-)

The campsite

Lunch





Praise and worship session

Opening message by Dr. Tony Lim with Dr. Doris Hoo as translatorSpeaker Dr. Roger Senior delivering his message - Soaring in Confidence - with Dr. Tan Kim Sai as translator
To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: