Friday, October 31, 2008

Day +849 : Not bad to be a government servant :-)

I am fine today.

Since my family and I will not be going back to Sarawak during the year end school holiday, I plan to bring them for a 3 days and 2 nights vacation at Port Dickson. The reason for choosing Port Dickson as our holiday destination is due to the fact that the children like the beach; sand play, picking sea shells and swimming.

My wife and I all agreed that Bayu Beach Resort should be the best place for us as it is situated on a nice beachfront, but unfortunately, its rooms and apartments are fully booked most of the time during the coming school holiday.

After proposing six or seven dates to the hotel reservation staff, we finally managed to secure our booking on Thursday and Friday, 27-28 November. The rate for a single room apartment on the 27, November is RM170 but since 28, November falls on weekend, there will be a surcharge of RM70, making the rate RM240.

I remembered Richard told me last time that hotels would normally give discount to government staff. So I asked about this and very glad to know that government staff will be given RM40 discount per night, thus generating a saving of RM80 for two nights stay :-)

If you are not a government servant and still single, get a spouse who is a government servant. Then you will be able to enjoy the discount and also many other benefits :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: