Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day +837 : Second opinion saves :-)

I am fine today.

The company car, a Proton Perdana, that I am driving was having problem in starting its engine occasionally for the past few weeks. When I turned the ignition key, I heard the sound “tak, tak” but the engine just reluctant to start. After I turned the key to off position and waited for a few minutes, the car’s engine managed to start.

Worrying that the car engine might fail to start completely, I sent it to a workshop for repair last week. The technician there was very quick to identify the problem; loosen key head. And the cost of replacement plus the labour cost is RM1000 :-)

I also planned to change the four units of air-conditioner blowers as all of them were broken. The workshop quoted RM700 for original parts and labour charge.

I was almost decided to let the workshop to go ahead with the repair when an idea came to my mind – look for second opinion.

I brought the car to another workshop the next day. The workshop owner told me that it was very unlikely the intermittent engine ignition problem was due to loosen key head. He proposed to fix a starter relay to smoothen the engine ignition, and if this didn’t work, he will dismantle the relay and I didn’t have to pay anything. I also asked him to fix the air-conditioner blowers for me.

The technicians there manage to repair all air-conditioner blowers by tying some copper wires inside, and now all the blowers work perfectly.

Together with the starter relay and labour charges, I only pay RM205 in the end :-) Most importantly, the car engine starts perfectly after this :-)

So always look for second opinion, it saves :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: