Friday, October 17, 2008

Day +835 : Online driving license renewal

I am fine today.

My wife’s driving license was expired on 1st July 2008 and we only realized it a few days ago. So she was driving without valid license for the past three and half months :-)

I searched the internet and came across this website http://www.myeg.com.my/ which allows us to perform the following transaction online, in addition to driving license renewal:
  1. BUY AUTO INSURANCE/TAKAFUL
  2. ROAD TAX RENEWAL
  3. STATUS OF FUEL REBATE CLAIM
  4. PAYING POLICE SUMMON

I renewed my wife’s driving license online on Wednesday and paid the fee through credit card. In addition to the license renewal fee, I was charged RM2 service fee and RM5 courier service charge.

The renewed license comes today. So the service is quite satisfactory :-)

If it is time to renew your driving license, this online service is highly recommended.

Online receipt See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sir,

Yes, this service is very convenient but be aware of the road tax rebate. The rebate might come after two weeks or longer.

David said...

Noted with thanks, Szu Kiak. I haven't make the road tax rebate yet.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your post! This is one of the most wonderful articles According to me.

Apply for Birth Certificate Online & Online Marriage Registration & Apply for Identification card online