Monday, December 17, 2012

Day +2356 : Sarawak Holiday - Attend Church Service

I am fine today.

We attended the Sunday Service at Chin Nguon Tong (真元堂) which is also my childhood church in the village on the second Sunday of the holiday. The church used to be very unique in the sense that the service, including the sermon was conducted in FooChow. I remember I acted as a translator  for a few months when a new pastor who didn't have a good command of Foochow was preaching :-) And that time I was studying in Form 2 or Form 3.

But as more and more people understand Chinese, the service is now conducted in Chinese, losing its uniqueness of a Foochow speaking church.

What I attracted me most this time is the primary school next to the church will be shifted to Bintulu next year, and I read from the Chinese Methodist Message (卫理报) that the land and building will be returned to the church as it was rented from the church with a annual rental of RM1 (if I were not mistaken)  long time ago.

Guess what is this? Growing chicken eggs, so many with different sizes, no wonder one day can lay one :-)

Oatmeal Fried Chicken 

Fried chicken

Kampong chicken eggs - very nice


Mee Sua


Mauwang fruit



Cempedak

The church service




This is the school that I mentioned



Youngest son of my niece, very cute :-)

This is how kampong folk catches houseflies, very effective :-)


Το be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: