Sunday, December 09, 2012

Day +2348 : Sarawak Holiday - From Kuching to Sibu

I am fine today.

We moved to Sibu from Kuching on Tuesday, 4 December. Since we have to bear the travel expenses by ourselves, we traveled by AirAsia, and I can tell you, the experience was really bad :-( I was stopped by the AirAsia security officer while entering the boarding gate. The reason was that my badminton bag where I kept two badminton rackets were too big. The officer asked me to take out the racket and one person can carry only one racket only. What a ridiculous reason! We ended up taking out everything in the bag at the entrance of the departure hall and then folded the bag, just to make ourselves be allowed to enter the boarding hall. And in the waiting lounge we put back everything taken out from the bag into the same bag - back to square one :-) What a joke!

I was travelling with exactly the same bag and the same items inside it on MAS flight from KL to Kuching without any problem at all. I couldn't agree more with my brother, Richard, who traveled frequently with AirAsia that its service is deteriorating.

We stayed at my second sister, Sieh Kiong's house for one night in Sibu before going back to my old house in Sg. Mador, Bintangor.

A nice lunch was served before we departed from Kuching to Sibu - my wife cooked this delicious Nam Yu  Spare Ribs

My eldest sister and Ah Hie working very hard in the kitchen


Seaweed soup - long time didn't eat this

Curry squid - not very successful :-( It should be drier than this. 



This is the bag "banned" by AirAsia which we have to "deconstruct" to enter the departure hall, and then "reconstruct" in the waiting lounge. This is the photo after "reconstruction" :-)


The flight was delayed a little bit. Let's take a photo while waiting.


The luggage handling was very rough


This is what happened  :-(

A rooster in the backyard of the house


We were served with Dabai again :-)

And the nice chicken soup :-)


To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: