Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day +2352 : Sarawak Holiday - Going to Sarikei

I am fine today.

We went to Sarikei on 7 December to visit my wife's family members including my mother-in-law who went back earlier.

One of the activities that we always had while visiting Sarikei was to go for haircut. All six of us in the family had our teeth checked and treated a day before, and now all of us had our hair cut. It cost me RM26 only to have a family haircut; RM5 per adult and RM4 per student.

My brother-in-law (wife's brother) ordered some delicious Foochow dishes from a restaurant in the town as lunch. We enjoyed the lunch very much.

My wife and Daniel were re-packing junk foods for children in Sarikei


My father-in-law treated us a breakfast and we had Kampua again - The Kampua in the particular restaurant that my father-in-law brought us to cost RM2 only :-)

The one on the rightmost is Chieng Shiew Leong - the eldest son of my brother-in-law

Taking photo with my father-in-law

Sarikei town


My wife and Adriel - taking a photo before cutting off their long hair




The three boys were waiting for their turn


New hairstyle - short one :-)

Foochow dishes for lunch



Foochow style sweet and sour spare ribs - long time didn't eat this 



This clay pot pork knuckle - RM12 only





Taking photo with my brother-in-law family


To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

Ting Tiew Kiong said...

Hi David,
i know the place where you family having the hair cut . my parent's house is just behind the shoplot.i also in sarikei on 21/12.
from: Tiew Kiong

David said...

Hi Tiew Kiong,

I just saw your comment today. If I knew that you were in Sarikei we can meet up :-) Where are you now?

David