Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day +1994 : Bintangor holiday (11) - Back to Puchong

I am fine today.

We took 6:20pm MAS flight from Sibu to KL today. My mother-in-law and the maid took an earlier AirAsia flight which departed at 2:20pm. I fetched my mother-in-law from Sarikei at 9:30am in the morning. She stopped by my house in Sg. Mador village and after that, I fetch her and the maid to Sibu airport.

I planned to let my second sister who was visiting my mother to fetch the rest of the family members to Sibu, and met them in her house. However, I was told that the family would like to have a Winter Solstice Festival(冬至) lunch before I left. So I returned to Sg. Mador from the airport again to join them for the lunch :-)

The flight is on time, and we reached home at 9:30pm.

A photo with my mother

My niece prepared many dishes for the celebration

Squid - my third sister purchased 2kg from the town


Cooking homemade fish ball



Herbal style "bald chicken"

Salted fish. Used to eat a lot when I was young but seldom take it now. Very delicious. It cost RM20 per kg.





Spotted a stall selling Cempedak. This is something that I looked for but couldn't find one before this.

Purchase 3 weighing about 4kg with RM4 per kg

Very delicious 



My second sister packed two frozen chickens for me. As frozen food is prohibited to be checked in, my third sister labelled "potatoes" on the box :-)

ATP  aircraft used to provide inland travel service

Daniel and Joseph - waiting for take off

My wife and Adriel

Aaron

Evening view from the plane




Aaron wanted to have coca-cola this time, and you know, he was served diet coke

The meal -chicken

First round

Fish


They asked for the second one, and they received it. I am glad that they dare to ask - ask and you shall receive :-)
To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

networkingear.com said...

looks delicious!!

Seu Chuong said...

Dear David, I wish you enjoy your holidays at your home town.
Seu Chuong