Thursday, December 08, 2011

Day +1981 : Officially joining Android camp

I am fine today.

It is time to retire my HTC Touch 3G PDA phone which has served me almost three years now. When I first purchased the phone, it was a tough job for me to open its back cover as it was too tight, but now the back cover will open by itself unexpectedly. At one time, I lent the phone to my friend to make a call in a single piece and she returned to me two pieces - the phone and the detached back cover. When the back cover was detached, the battery tempted to be loosened, and the phone was off. Therefore, the only choice for me now is to change the phone, but which one to buy?

I was quite sure initially that my next phone will be iPhone, but the release of Samsung Galaxy Note changed my mind. The main reason behind the change is its large 5.3" screen size which enable someone with presbyopia(老花) to use it without wearing glasses. Further, my friend told me that the device interface is as responsive as that of iPhone.

The phone cost RM2299, but I will be getting it from Celcom under a plan called  "Celcom Exec 50 + Celcom Broadband mBasic" which cost RM88 per month, and with that, the cost of the phone reduced to RM1,748 under 18 months contract.


The Celcom Blue Cube outlet at Sunway doesn't have stock currently. I will be getting the phone when the next stock arrives :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: