Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day +1986 : Bintangor holiday (3) - A trip to Mukah (A)

I am fine today.

After the church service on Sunday, we went to Mukah which is situated about 190km from Bintangor house. As mentioned earlier, I am visiting my parents-in-law who stayed there. My father-in-law lives with his second wife in Mukah most of the time. He came back to Sarikei most of the time when my mother-in-law and my family came back for holiday. We did visit them once long time ago, and that was before the birth of Adriel and Aaron.

The second sister told me that the road to Mukah is now fully tarred, and it took only three hours to reach there from Sibu by car. However, it took me two and half hours only to reach there from Bintangor. For your information, it normally takes half and hour to reach Sibu from Bintangor. Therefore, I reached there one hour earlier. No speeding, just drive a little faster on some stretches of good road :-)

We stopped by a fruit stall a few kilometres away from my house to purchase some fruits as gifts. There are plenty of fruit stalls like these in my village - Sg. Mador.


Custard apple - village grown, very sweet, RM12 per kg




Soursop  - RM4 per kg; a lot cheaper than those in KL





Mechanical metre is still used at the petrol station in the village

There is station attendant serving you

An accident on the way between Selangau and Mukah

Reaching Mukah

Mukah's Sago Factory Chimney. Landmark of Mukah? 

My father-in-law's bungalow - new one

Another one - just next to the new one :-)

Custard apple


A group photo - standing in front next to my mother-in-law is my father-in-law
To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: