Thursday, May 05, 2011

Day +1764 : Almost a disastrous order :-(

I am fine today.

When we were having the Level 1 Emotion Quartet Course last Sunday, I was told by Rev. Lau that our speaker Dr. Kot's birthday fell on that day. We decided to have a very brief celebration for her before the dinner.

In addition to a birthday cake, one of our church committee members, Amy, proposed to purchase some Kajang Satays for everyone who attended the course. As a gluttonous person, I accepted the proposal without much hesitation. I called the Kajang Satay stall owner during lunch time, and no one picked up the call. Immediately, I switched to plan B; ordering the satays through sms, but before that I need to determine the total number of satays we need to order.

After a brief discussion during the lunch, we decided to order three satays for each participant. We had 50 participants, and the total number of satays that we should order was 150, but something went wrong in my mind that the total number became 1500 :-( I told my wife and Rev. Lau that we needed to order 1500 satays; 1000 chicken and 500 beef.

"Yes, we need this amount," said Rev. Lau. I believed he thought that three satays for each participant was not too much, and he trusted my math very much.

My wife did alert me, saying that why should we need so many satays, but my response was that it was not too many, thinking along the line that each one was going to have three satays only.

I sent the sms eventually, ordering 1500 satays. The owner called back and I let Amy to due with him. We confirmed the order. After a while, the owner called back again, and Amy confirmed the order second time.

The lunch was over, and the course continued, but not long after that, Amy came to look for me urgently, asking me why I ordered 1500 satays. What happened was that Rev. Lau told Mrs. Rev. Lau that we ordered 1500 satays, and she realised that something was wrong, and informed Amy. We quickly corrected the order; else we needed to pay more than RM1000 for the satay, and each participant needed to eat 30 satays.

I am trembling hearing Kajang Satay now :-(

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Lau Chih Yung said...

1500 kajang satay!!!!! hahahaha...
If that amount .... i can bring all my coursemates and friends go PCAC also can't finish ... hahaha