Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day +2387 : Sarawak Holiday - Mother's Birthday (1)

I am fine today.

The celebration was held at MingZiang Court of Kingwood Hotel, Sibu. It was mainly a family celebration. Except my youngest sister, Sie Ling, who was having vacation in New Zealand, all the rest of the siblings and most of their family members joined the celebration :-)

It was a great event as we get so many family members to come together. Some of them we didn't meet for many years.

My mother is a great mother. When my father passed away, I was 2 years old and Richard was a few months old. On top of this, we have 7 elder brothers and sisters. She managed to bring up us by working as a farmer - planting paddy, tapping rubber, planting pepper and oranges. Not only this, she brought a very big reformation to the village by building a road into the village, so that the agricultural product could be transported by lorry to the market. She took the initiative to persuade the villagers to contribute toward the road construction and took the leadership in managing the project. It was no simple task for her as many of the villagers were reluctant to contribute. Prior to this, all agricultural product in the village had to be transport using the boat service which was very inconvenient.  

She had a stroke in 2004 that affected her cerebellum (小脑), and this made her unable to balance herself. Since then she was unable to work in the farm.

We were proud to be her children and appreciate her for her tremendous determination in bringing up everyone of us.

We love you! mother. May God bless you!



My mother

A birthday cake made by my niece, Siew Na

Taking photo with my uncle, Ting Pek Hung's(sitting on the right), family. He used to take care of us very much.

It just happened that William and his wife also went back to Sibu to attend a wedding dinner around that time. They also stayed in Kingwood Hotel. We invited them to join the birthday celebration as well.

Richard's family with my mother and my two eldest brothers - Sie Ping (left) and Sie Heng (right). They are twins.


Prayer by Rev. Tan Ren Fa (郑仁发牧师)


Α family photo - my mother with my her children  (Sie Ling was in New Zealand, thus she was not in the photo)
See you next post :-)

No comments: