Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day +2382 : Two ovens in a day

I am fine today.

It is my turn to host the cell group meeting today. It is a tradition for those who host the cell group to prepare some food for the members after the meeting. I asked Daniel to make pizzas for our guests today.

The old electrical oven that we have didn't work very well recently. In order to make sure that the pizza get baked properly, I went to purchase a new electrical oven at Tesco Puchong. There were a few models there to choose from, and I chose the biggest one - a 52L Australian made electrical oven with a brand name called Mistral. It cost RM369. I transported the oven home happily only to find out that it didn't work well. The heating power is not strong enough to cook the pizza even though we set the temperature to the maximum :-(

I brought the oven back to Tesco immediately, and I was given a choice - to replace or refund. Since they were pizzas waiting at home to be baked, I chose another brand of electrical oven - a 42L Cornell oven. I expected the new one should be cheaper as it was smaller but I was wrong. I needed to top up RM30 to have it. The new oven came with more control and most importantly, it worked well :-)

The powerless oven - setting maximum temperature couldn't even cook a small piece of pizza in 45 minutes

The powerful oven - get a pizza well cooked in 15 minutes :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: