Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day +1840 : It's time to eat durian!

I am fine today.

I went to Kundang night market yesterday evening with my roommate, Kah Kiong, and some other students. While most of the them went there to buy some fruits, Kah Kiong and I were looking for durian.

We were very fortunate to find a stall that sold D24 at a price of RM7 per kg only. Judging from this price , I should say that it is time to enjoy durian:-) The was the first time I ate D24 this year, and it was incredibly good!

The price of D24 carried a price tag of RM13 per kg in Puchong last Monday. However, the stalls there were also selling 3 small ones for RM10, which according to Richard, were not bad. In fact, while he was enjoying D24 at one of the stalls, he called me and suggested me to bring my family there, but I didn't do that because both my wife and my children were not feeling well. I will bring them to the stall if they were healthy this weekend :-)

In fact, my roomate Kah Kiong was having flu but he still insisted on eating the King of Fruits. I believe he think that it is worth to take the risk. And the consequence, you know, he has to see a doctor today :-( I don't know whether he is still thinking it is worth to eat the fruit.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Grace said...

Bean Tatt bought D24 at Banting area at RM4/kg. very good too! I never like durian except during my prenancy, but knowing that we are leaving the country soon, we start eating durian again:)

David said...

Wow! So cheap! Yes, you should eat more before you leave :-) The price in China will drive your appetite for durian away, I guess.

David