Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Day +1825: I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

I am fine today.

Today is my transplant calendar Day +1825. It is a very special day for me, for dividing it by 365 - the total number of day in a year - yields exactly 5. This means that 5 years has passed since the day of the transplant on 5 July 2006.

I counted my day since the transplant and documented my life since then; in fact a few days before the transplant. This blog records the days that I went through and also the life that I lived through. I should said that I am quite persistent as I didn't miss to update this blog a single day since the transplant. Many things I might have forgotten but the memory can always be refreshed through reading this blog. What happened exactly five years ago, The Great Day 0, was written here, and quoting from what I said at the end of that post - "But God is my Shepherd, I shall not want and I will be casting all my care upon God, for He careth for me" - I have to say that this is indeed very true!

Life after bone marrow transplant is not without challenge, but the challenge make the life more precious. Someone said that I am very special seeing me tear-less . I told him that I am in fact more special than what he thought, for the blood that flows in my body is female blood, with XX as its last pair of chromosome. This is the effect of a successful bone marrow transplant in which the donor is a female, my dear third sister in this case :-) We should be sharing the same blood now.

Life for the past 5 years was full of abundance, grace and blessing. This is manifested in my health, my family, my career, and my church. Five years bring a very special meaning to cancer patients as it is used as a yardstick for a cure. However, nobody, including me, knows about tomorrow. What I know very sure is who holds tomorrow as what the following song says.

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.

I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.


Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.

There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.


I don't know about tomorrow;
It may bring me poverty.
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.

And the path that is my portion
May be through the flame or flood;
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Lastly, I should say from a different perspective that I am special, for I have
  • a very supportive, cute and beautiful wife :-)
  • a group of active and "rebellious" children :-(
  • very caring brothers and sisters; especially those few sisters who take care of me like nobody during my Leukaemia treatment
  • brothers and sisters in Christ who supported, encouraged and prayed for me
See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Simon Tang said...

David,

Grace upon grace like the waves on the shore, always enough, always more -
Grace upon grace like the waves on the shore - all that we need is ours from the Lord.

Simon

David said...

Amen! Simon.

David