Thursday, July 07, 2011

Day +1827 : All is not well within the left lung :-(

I am fine today.

I finished the 3-day course of Erythromycin yesterday. Sore throat subsided but the cough intensified. I am very sure this is lung infection again like before as I felt itchiness in the left lung.

I came back to Puchong to see Dr. Koh this afternoon immediately after the lesson without attending the morning service and taking the lunch.

I was on the brink of having fever with body temperate reading 37 Degree Celsius. Dr. Koh planned to give me Avelox, an antibiotic that can make one, including me, losing concentration. Since I have to study, we settled on 7-day course of 1g Augmentine after discussion. A patient can take Augmentine for as long as 14 days under a normal course of treatment. This means that I can always go back to the clinic to get more Augmentine should the lung condition not fully recovered after 7 days. Based on my previous experience, Augmentine worked most of the time.

I should ask Dr. Koh to prescribe me a longer course of Erythromycin. The 3-day course that he prescribed was really too little for a patient like me. In fact, he can prescribe to me Augmentine straight away but he might not want to do that due its cost. I paid RM120 for the consultation and medicine this afternoon, and I believe the 7-day course of Augment alone costs at least RM100.

I hope the new antibiotic works fast, else I will have problem to attend the normal class and an intensive course that will be held next week from 7:00pm to 10:30pm every evening from Monday to Friday, and then from 8:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday.

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

David said...

Thank you! Lisa. We do have this at home. Perhaps can give it a try :-) David

Doris said...

pray for you

Chan-yu said...

Add oil, brother. We pray for you.

Depending on the color of sputum, if the color is white then this is probably not caused by bacteria and thus Augmentin is not useful.

Keep your faith that God is leading your way, as always! :-)

David said...

Thanks! Doris and Can Yu. The sputum is deep in colour, and based on the feeling in the lung, I am quite certain that it is due to infection :-(

God bless!

David