Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Day +1679 : Books

I am fine today.

I spent about RM700 purchasing books in the previous two weeks and most of the books were needed for the study. In fact, I have a habit of purchasing books, and there are quite a few books that are required for the subjects that I take this semester were purchased long time ago :-)

My nephew, Heng Chiek, purchased John Calvin's Institutes of Christian Religion (基督教要义), a two volumes Chinese translation which cost RM350. The books served as one of the texts for the Systematic Theology subject. He puts the book in my house and thus I don't have to purchase a copy, saving me quite a big sum of money :-)

Though I have a habit of purchasing books, I don't have a habit of reading them and this is the problem that I am facing all the time :-( But the situation has changed after I enrolled for the seminary course because whether I like it or not, I have to read the given materials, sometimes reading them many times in order to gain enough understanding to complete the assignment. I regard this as another breakthrough after becoming a student :-)

If you don't like to read books and think that you should read some books, enroll in a seminary course as what I did, and I shall guarantee that you will read a lot after that :-)

Books cost around RM1200; the pile on the left hand side were purchased long time ago, and the pile on the right hand side were purchased recently. If you enroll in a seminary course and need to borrow the book, let me know :-)
See you next post :-)

3 comments:

Jici said...

Ah Kiew jiu jiu,i introduce you one website..dunno is that will be useful for you or not,can refer from 神学天地there..

Jici said...

it is http://www.christianstudy.com/

David said...

Thank you! Jici. It is useful. David