Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day +2243 : Intensive course for Daniel

I am fine today.

Daniel is going to sit for his PMR (Lower Secondary Assessment) exam October. As we didn't send him for tuition and also didn't really monitor his study, he lived a happy-go-lucky life happily for the past few years. As the exam is approaching, he is now facing problem to master his subjects. I engaged my niece Hui Na, who has just completed her study in Bachelor of Education, to be our family tuition teacher to teach him.

While Hui Na teaches Daniel most of the subjects, I am in charge of teaching him Maths and Science. I surprisingly find out that Daniel can't even do the subtraction and multiplication or division that involves bracket. As such, I have to go through with him lesson by lesson and ask him to complete the exercises in the reference book that we use. I have completed teaching him more than 10 lessons for the past one week.

He told me that his maths teacher was on leave for a few months and there was no replacement teacher for this subject. He didn't mention this to us. Perhaps, he was happy that he can enjoy his life without the teacher; no need to attend maths class and not need to do the homework.

Fortunately, he is picking up very fast. In fact I can finish one lesson with him in an hour time. He has to spend quite some time later to finish the exercises. The progress so far is quite good and I hope that he can master the subject before the exam.

After tackling the maths, I have to go through with him his Science subject.

See you next post :-)

No comments: